How it works:
You will need:
Book your appointment until 24 hrs in advance:
- Go to BOOK A LESSON, choose an individual lesson or your place in a class (max 3 pers).
- Choose a day and an hour,
- Pay with your creditcard. You may cancel or reschedule your appointment up to 12 hrs in advance.
- Don't forget to add "100 uit" right away to your Skype contacts so that you can be reached at the moment of your appointment !
- There is no homework to be done.
On the day and the hour of your appointment:
- Open Skype and plug in your headset with microphone.
- 100 uit will call you on Skype for a conversation call with a maximum of 3 participants, or for your individual lesson.
- 100 uit then sends you a link to the frontpage of a quality newspaper of the day.
- Together we'll decide on an interesting article.
- We'll read it together and translate it quickly, paragraph by paragraph. 100 uit will simply explain to you the meaning of unknown words. We'll talk together about the subject matter, the intricacies of language used, expressions, synonyms etc. On the basis of the text, the conversation may go any direction as long as it is in the learning language. Each will have her/his say and each will be heard. The Skype chat allows for written explanations and examples.
- For an individual lesson you may also send me a link yourself to a text of your choice, prepared or not.
- Each lesson lasts 50 minutes.